Everyone… Scream, TEQUILA! SHOTS! SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS, SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!!!!
No, wait, this is a cupcake recipe! Okay everyone… Settle down now!
I know, this is not your usual cupcake. It’s not supposed to be. This little yummy angelic creation came to me by form of anxiety. I was cooking dinner, minding my business when my daughter and her friends started causing a ruckus, running up and down the stairs like LUNATICS! The bottle of tequila started calling my name. I tried to ignore but it was impossible. Then Victoria says “mom, can you make us some chocolate chip cupcakes after dinner” DING! Light bulb went off and after taking a couple of shots back to back, this is the creation I came up with. Needless to say, those brats slept all night with happy smiles on their faces while I continued downing that yummy bottle of Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa.
Elena’s Double Chocolate Patrón Cupcakes Yields about 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated raw organic sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted organic softened butter (not melted)
- 1 free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 1/3 buttermilk (no buttermilk? simply mix 1/3 cup milk and 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice and let stand for 15 min until thickened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Patrón
- 1/4 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate chips
Step 1 – Pre-heat oven 350 deg. Prep the baking pan with either cupcake liners or butter. Your choice!
Step 2 – In a small bowl sift together all the dry ingredients. Set aside
Step 3 – In a stand mixer at med speed beat sugar and butter for 2 minutes until creamy. Beat in egg and egg yolk for another 5 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Add buttermilk, vanilla and tequila until well blended. Beat in flour SLOWLY. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 4 – Fill each reservoirs with about 2.5 tbsp of batter. Cook for 15-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (I use regular SUGAR IN THE RAW. I put it in my blender and pulverize the sh*t out of it!) Hey… It’s healthier! Keep in mind that confectioners sugar is bleached and processed and also contains starch. YUK!
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Patrón
Mix sugar and butter until creamy, add chocolate chips and Patrón until you get good consistency.
PLEASE BE KIND AND BUZZ THIS RECIPE ON FOODBUZZ!!!